Watch Episode Eight: Songbirds
Inside the Episode
Episode Eight of Untamed highlights the diverse group of passerines which we often call "songbirds." Millions of people worldwide identify themselves as bird-watchers and love spending time outdoors watching birds, whether on intense birding expeditions, or simply watching birds in their own backyards. But birds are under pressure and are presented with many human-caused dangers in their lives. Learn how our daily behaviors impact birds all over the world and learn what you can do to help songbirds.
Read the stories of the animals featured inside this episode!
Want to think beyond your backyard? Check out one of the Wildlife Center's book club books, Silence of the Songbirds by Bridget Stutchbury.
Watch out for robins in the early spring!
Love passerines? Check out our passerines playlist on YouTube:
- The Case for Indoor Cats: Read more about how keeping your cat indoors is better for your cat, wildlife, and human health.
- Need help transitioning your cat to the indoor lifestyle? We have advice! We also have information and inspiration on catios and catteries, which are safe ways for your kitty to enjoy the outdoors.
- Help avoid window strikes by keeping your windows safe for birds.
- Help birds avoid a sticky situation, and eliminate glue traps!
- Found a baby bird? Check out our advice and infographic to see if it needs help.
- Want more birds in your yard? Create your own backyard habitat for wildlife.
- Interested in avian anatomy? Check out our labeled radiographs here!
- Buy your own copy of Ed Clark's favorite bird guide -- the Peterson Field Guide to Birds of North America.
As an Amazon Associate, we may earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for ideas on how to incorporate the stories and lessons of Untamed into the classroom? The Wildlife Center is happy to provide these original worksheets and activity pages for teachers and educators. Designed to highlight the major themes and ideas presented in each episode, these activities are best used in combination with a classroom viewing.
- Untamed Watch-Along Worksheet: Songbirds (best-suited for grades 5 and up)
- Who Am I? Songbird Matching Activity (best-suited for grades K-2)
- Songbird Coloring Sheet
Are you using these materials and resources in your classroom? We are eager to hear from you! Please let us know, so we can share your classroom projects and experiences with other teachers. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for more songbird information? Email us at email@example.com