The season finale emphasizes the importance of getting outside and cultivating a relationship with nature. While there is an increasing divide between people and the outdoors, we know that deep connections with nature are important to a human’s well-being. Why do we need this connection? What do nature and wildlife do for us? Join us to hear from a variety of nature enthusiasts on how and why they relate to nature, and how we can help others continue to grow and develop their relationships with the outdoor world.
Join us for Untamed Unfiltered to take a deeper look inside each episode with some of the Center's Untamed producers and special guests. In this very special live episode, Amanda and Aaron sit down with fellow staff members at the Wildlife Center of Virginia!
Untamed Unfiltered: The Next Generation
This special bonus episode of Untamed Unfiltered, hosted by Aaron, highlights the next generation of environmental education and conservation communications. Join us as we chat with Ally Gran, National Park Service Educational and Interpretive Park Ranger, and Sean Washington, Martin Park Nature Center Parks Outreach Coordinator, as we discuss the importance of helping others to connect with nature both now and into the future.
- Read more of Jamie Reaser's poetry, including Untamed, the piece written specifically for this episode! One of Jamie's collections, Wild Life, features several pieces inspired by animals at the Wildlife Center of Virginia.
- Looking to spend time outside in Virginia? Plan your trip to Shenandoah National Park. Not close to Virginia? Check out some of SNP's online opportunities, including the Virtual Junior Ranger program or one of their online hikes or tours.
- What is Nature Deficit Disorder? Learn more here from Richard Louv.
- Get to know more about Dr. Mamie Parker, her career as regional director for the her work with the US Fish & Wildlife Service, and her incredible work leading the way for women in conservation. Learn more about International Park Prescription (ParkRx) Day and #NatureForAll.
- Looking for more ideas on connecting with nature? Our programs this month reflect on Mental Health Awareness and the importance of our connections with the outdoor world. Check the event calendar for upcoming programs, or watch back on the programs that have taken place so far this month: our interview with Grizel Caminas, National Drawing Day with Kayla and Maggie, and Connecting Nature & Yoga with Jackie.
Take the learning experience for your classroom or student group one step further with our specialized activity packets. These interactive resources combine summative reading sheets with writing and critical thinking exercises related to the topics and themes covered in each Untamed episode. Each page is designed to be used individually or as a complete workbook, making this activity packet perfect for educators looking to customize the lessons that can be learned from Untamed.
Are you using these materials and resources in your classroom? We are eager to hear from you! Please let us know, so we can share your classroom projects and experiences with other teachers. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for more information? Email us at email@example.com