Migration is the seasonal movement of animals from one location to another. Join the Center staff and migratory bird experts as they explain why birds migrate, and the dangers that they may face along their journeys. Learn how to help migrating birds and why we should be concerned about more than just our own backyards.
Join us for Untamed Unfiltered, as we sit down with some of the Center's Untamed producers and featured staff members, and take a deeper look inside each episode. In this episode, Amanda and Aaron sit down with Vice President of Administration (and bird nerd) Lacy Kegley.
- Migratory Birds and Flyways
- National Geographic's Mesmerizing Maps of Bird Migration
- Rockfish Gap Hawk Watch
- Hawk Migration Association of North America
- Adopt Grayson the Broad-winged Hawk through the Center’s Caring for Critters program
- Audubon: Lights Out Campaign
- Fatal Light Awareness Program (FLAP) Canada
- The Case for Indoor Cats
- The Problem with Feeding Ducks
Looking for ideas on how to incorporate the stories and lessons of Untamed into the classroom? Bird Migration: In (About) 2 Minutes is a quick look at the major concepts and ideas explored in this Untamed episode and is a quick resource for teachers who want to kick off a discussion.
Discussion questions and activities are provided for those educators who want to utilize Untamed in the classroom. One set of discussion questions is designed to be used in combination with the full Untamed episode; another set of discussion questions can be utilized with the In (About) 2 Minutes video.
- Untamed Discussion Questions: Migration
- Migration Classroom Activity
- Untamed wildlife coloring pages
Are you using these materials and resources in your classroom? We are eager to hear from you! Please let us know, so we can share your classroom projects and experiences with other teachers. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for more information? Email us at email@example.com